I've been reading this book called The Drowning Girl by Margaret Leroy.
Three Words
What. A. Book.
What if there was something deeply wrong with your - and nobody believed you?
Thats what you first start with. That sentence and the picture of a young girl on the front cover. Honestly, who knew that the book would make me cry so much? Yet, I can't seem to be able to put the book down? It's taken me twice as long as usual also including revision time and what not but I am finally on chapter 50 out of 57, but I'll read before I sleep I think.
Single mum - Grace, and her daughter - Sylvie live in london.
Normal enough?
Sylvie has a odd phobia of water which sends her into violent tantrums if water splashes into her face.
Yeah, well some children are like that. Difficult children.
Grace realises that their is more to these tantrums than she likes to admit to anyone, even herself. So in order to help her little girl they embark on a disturbing journey to the west coast of Ireland.
Holiday? Everyone goes on holiday at least once in their lives.
But this journey isn't just a trip from the suburbs, it's a trip which will bring Grace to question not only her beliefs, but herself as a mother.
More?
Check out the book for yourself :)
Off to read more now... Nightt x
No comments:
Post a Comment